Participation & Credentials Terms and Conditions
BRITESTAR EVENTS, LLC (“BRITESTAR”) is proud to produce our family of events, including Once Upon a Weekend, Once Upon a RomaDrama™, RomaDrama VIP Weekend, and all Once Upon conferences, festivals, Live Streaming and Media, Virtual Events & Online Fan Experiences (“Event(s)”).
These BRITESTAR Participation and Credentials Terms and Conditions (the “Terms”) apply to you as a participant in any BRITESTAR Events and any individual you are making a purchase on behalf of (“you” “your” or “Participant”), and such Participant’s registration, attendance, participation, enrollment, and/or application for involvement in the Events, including, without limitation, your purchase and/or possession of any BRITESTAR Event entry credential(s) whether physical or digital, such as wristbands, badges, tickets, access codes, passes, and giveaways (Wristbands, tickets, passes and badges are collectively referred to herein as “Credential(s)”). By clicking “accept” below, and/or by obtaining your Credentials you acknowledge and agree to these Terms.
1. Applicable Terms. Paragraphs 1-21 below apply in full if Participant is purchasing Credential(s). If Participant is not purchasing Credential(s) and is only applying for a BRITESTAR program, including, without limitation, an awards program, competition, or other opportunity to demonstrate, display or present an original idea, concept or other work, then only Paragraphs 1-3; 9-21 below apply to Participant.
2. Official BRITESTAR Credentials and Applications.
a. Credentials. BRITESTAR and its agents and representatives are the sole creators, sellers and distributors of BRITESTAR Credentials. Any Credential(s) not created by and legally acquired from BRITESTAR or its authorized agents or representatives will be considered fraudulent and invalid, and subject to revocation. BRITESTAR reserves the right to pursue any and all legal action available against any person or entity involved in the actual or attempted creation, dissemination or use of an unauthorized Credential.
b. Applications. Any application to participate in BRITESTAR must be submitted through RomaDrama.com. Any applications not located on this site(s) does not constitute an official BRITESTAR applications.
3. Refund & Revocation Policy. No BRITESTAR application fees are refundable. All Credentials are the sole property of BRITESTAR. BRITESTAR may, in its sole discretion and at any time determined by BRITESTAR, cancel, revoke, or refuse from any individual or company the following: Credentials, purchases, and/or hotel reservations made through BRITESTAR. BRITESTAR will not be responsible for any penalty, fee, loss, or expense that might result from such action.
a. BRITESTAR does not issue refunds under any circumstances. Any and all payments made to BRITESTAR are not refundable for any reason, including, without limitation, failure to use Credentials due to illness, acts of God, travel-related problems, acts of terrorism, loss of employment and/or duplicate purchases. BRITESTAR will not issue refunds for Credentials that have been revoked.
b. In the event of rescheduling EVENT due to a pandemic, acts of God, acts of terrorism and/or other occurrence that prohibits BRITESTAR from holding event at scheduled date/time, all credentials will transition in full to the rescheduled date(s).
b. Unused Credentials have no monetary value and cannot be credited to future years or events. BRITESTAR will not issue refunds or credits due to failure to redeem a discount coupon during the registration process. Discounted prices are based on the date payment is received in the BRITESTAR office.
c. Lost or stolen Credentials will not be replaced. In the event Credentials are lost or stolen, new Credentials will need to be purchased at the full price in effect at that time for a Participant’s continued access to the Events, including, without limitation, showcases, parties and conference content.
d. Use of a Credential by anyone other than the authorized individual will result in revocation of the Credential without a refund.
e. Credentials are non-transferable. Name changes will not be made after a Credential has been issued.
- Credentials are Non-Transferable. BRITESTAR Credentials are issued to, can be picked up by, and used by only the Participant named in the registration. Credentials are non-transferable after they have been picked up or delivered (in person or digitally).
- Wearing Credentials is Required for Entry to Live Events. For security reasons, and to allow entry into BRITESTAR Event(s), Participant must wear, possess and present their Credential as follows: badges must be on the BRITESTAR-issued lanyard around Participant’s neck while participating in Events, Wristbands must be securely affixed to the Participant’s wrist and remain on the Participant’s wrist throughout the BRITESTAR Events, and digital Credentials must be presented by the Participant on a digital device in their possession. No other laminates may be worn on the BRITESTAR lanyard for the badge to be valid. If a Credential is not worn or presented correctly by a Participant, BRITESTAR reserves the right to deny that Participant’s entry into BRITESTAR Events.
- Entry and Restrictions. BRITESTAR Credentials allow the Participant entry to specific defined events, but do not guarantee admission to every BRITESTAR Event. Event admission is subject to venue capacity and age restrictions in compliance with state and local laws. Age restrictions and capacity are specific to each venue. Venues may each have their own restrictions limiting entry with certain foods, beverages, or other items such as chairs or bags that are non-transparent or do not fit specified dimensions.
7. Credentials Cannot be Prizes. BRITESTAR Credentials may not be used as a prize or incentive in any form of promotion, contest, game, or sweepstakes without advance written approval from BRITESTAR.
8. No Tampering with Credentials. Tampering with any Credentials, including, without limitation, Wristbands (e.g., stretching, tearing, cutting, taping, etc.) is not permitted. If tampering is evident, the applicable Credential will be invalidated and confiscated, and Participant will not be allowed entry to any/all BRITESTAR venues and Events where the Credential is required.
9. BRITESTAR Lost and Found. BRITESTAR is not responsible for lost or damaged items dropped off at the Registration Help Desks during the Events. Lost and Found will be located at Registration during the Events. Participants can drop off found items at the Registration Help Desks during the Events. Participants can also email a description of the item and the location it was lost/found to [email protected]. After ninety (90) days following the event, unclaimed lost and found items may be disposed of at BRITESTAR’s discretion.
10. Image Release. Photographs and/or audio/video recordings taken at the Events (in person or online/digital media) by BRITESTAR, or others on behalf of BRITESTAR, may include a Participant’s image, name, voice and/or likeness. By attending and/or participating in the Events (in person or online/digital media), Participant hereby grants BRITESTAR permission to use, and to sublicense to third-parties, the Participant’s photograph, image, likeness, voice and statements for any purpose, including, without limitation, commercial purposes, without compensation or credit to the Participant, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised. Participant further acknowledges and agrees to the Photo and Video Policy applicable to the Event that Participant is participating in or purchasing a Credential to attend, which policies are incorporated herein by this reference. (See BRITESTAR Attendee Photo and Video Policy.)
11. Code of Conduct. Participant hereby agrees to the Code of Conduct applicable to the Event Credentials Participant is purchasing. If BRITESTAR determines that a Participant violated the BRITESTAR Code of Conduct, BRITESTAR reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to revoke that Participant’s Credentials without refund to Participant.
12. Weapons-Free Policy. BRITESTAR is a private event and maintains a weapons-free policy for all Events. Participant is prohibited from carrying weapons of any kind, including, without limitation, concealed or displayed firearms, and are not permitted to bring weapons onto the premises of any BRITESTAR Events. Participant’s bags may be checked prior to entering a venue by: (a) BRITESTAR and its employees, contractors and/or representatives; (b) the venue for BRITESTAR Events; and/or (c) BRITESTAR clients or their representatives. BRITESTAR reserves the right, in its sole discretion, without refund to Participant, to deactivate and/or revoke the Credentials of a Participant if such Participant violates this Weapons-Free Policy. Participant agrees that this policy is in force, and agrees to comply with the policy, regardless of whether signs prohibiting weapons are posted on the premises of any official BRITESTAR Event.
13. Voluntary Participation & Assumption of Risk. Participant understands that participating in the Events is voluntary and may involve certain risks of physical injury, damage to property, and other damages or losses that may be sustained by a Participant. Participant assumes all risk of damage, property loss, and/or personal injury which may occur by participating in the Events.
16. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. IN NO EVENT SHALL BRITESTAR BE LIABLE TO ANY PARTICIPANT, OR ANY OTHER PERSON OR ENTITY FOR ANY PERSONAL INJURY OR DAMAGES TO PROPERTY, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF BUSINESS PROFITS OR OTHER PECUNIARY LOSS, INCLUDING ANY DIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE OR SIMILAR DAMAGES, ARISING OUT OF ANY PARTICIPANT’S USE OF THE CREDENTIALS AND/OR PARTICIPATION IN THE EVENTS, EVEN IF BRITESTAR HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
17. NO WARRANTIES. EXCEPT AS MAY BE EXPRESSLY SET FORTH IN THESE TERMS, PARTICIPANT’S PARTICIPATION IN THE EVENTS, AND ALL SERVICES AND PRODUCTS PROVIDED IN CONNECTION WITH THE EVENTS, ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, AND NO OTHER WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, OR OTHERWISE, ARE MADE WITH RESPECT TO THE SAME, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR SAFETY, OR ANY WARRANTIES THAT MAY ARISE FROM COURSE OF DEALING. BRITESTAR EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTIES NOT EXPRESSLY STATED HEREIN.
18. Indemnification. Participant agrees to indemnify, defend, and hold BRITESTAR and its officers, employees, volunteers, contractors, suppliers, and representatives harmless from and against any and all claims, demands and all other liabilities, including, without limitation, costs and attorneys’ fees, made by any third party arising out of or in connection with Participant’s use of the registration(s) or Credentials, or any violation of the Terms by Participant.
19. Choice of Law. These Terms are governed by the laws of the State of Ohio, without regard to its principles of conflicts of laws. Participant and BRITESTAR hereby irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the United States federal and state courts located in Columbus, Ohio, and agrees that any such court will be the proper forum for the determination of any dispute arising hereunder.
20. Updates to Terms. BRITESTAR reserves the right to make changes to the Terms at any time without notice to Participant, so please check back and review the Terms from time to time.
21. General Provisions. Nothing in this agreement establishes an agency, partnership or joint venture between the parties, or relationship of employer or employee, between the parties (or between either party and the other party’s personnel). Headings are included for convenience only and will not be used to construe these Terms. In the event that any term or provision of these Terms is held invalid, illegal or unenforceable in any respect, such invalidity, illegality or unenforceability will not affect any other term or provision hereof (which will remain in effect), and the parties agree thereafter to use their best efforts to substitute a provision of similar economic intent and effect.